New student IT help resources
The following resources provide a brief snapshot of the information available on the ITS Help Resources website. This page is intended to provide you with helpful tools, suggestions, and advice to get you started at Red River College. If you require the assistance of the ITS department, Case Log is the method for submitting your support request.
You can scroll through all of these introductory topics or click the following links to navigate directly to the area you need help with:
- Student password help resources
- Install a College printer on your device
- Student Email FAQ
- Connect to RRC wireless
- Student PaperCut print accounts
- Office 365 FAQ
- Set up OneDrive in Windows
- Payments and Profile
- Case Log
- Information technology policies
- Help Resources
Student password help resources
For helpful password information and troubleshooting tips as well as instructions for claiming your RRC account for the first time, please see the Student password help resources webpage.
For additional password help and support, you can also see the Passwords topic on the ITS Help Resources webpage, or navigate directly to the following pages:
- To change your password, please see the Change your password page.
- If you have forgotten your user name or password or are claiming your RRC account for the first time, please see the Retrieve or claim your account page.
- For more information about Red River College’s password policies, see the Password Policy webpage.
HUB is home to all your College resources and is the first point of contact for RRC students. It provides a centralized location for all your College needs. All RRC students have access to HUB, but your access to HUB resources is based on your unique program requirements.
For detailed information on using and customizing HUB, you can see the HUB topic on the ITS Help Resources webpage and explore the following pages:
Install a College printer on your device
The Student Printing topic on the ITS Help Resources webpage contains information about installing College printers on your personal devices, as well as valuable information about your PaperCut account.
Please see the Install a College printer on your device webpage for detailed instructions on installing College networked printers on your personal tablet or laptop.
Student Email FAQ
In addition to providing answers to general Student Email FAQ, the Student Email topic on the ITS Help Resources webpage provides detailed instructions for getting the most out of Outlook. Visit this resource to learn about topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- Log on to student email
- Create a new email message
- Add a contact
- Connect student email to your device
Connect to RRC wireless
The Connect to Red River College wireless webpage is your one‑stop source for all your RRC wireless questions. Whether you need general information about wireless locations, connecting to the network, configuring your device, or forgetting the network after you change your password, this webpage has the answers.
This webpage includes highly detailed device‑specific instructions for connecting, configuring, and forgetting the network on Windows, Mac, and Android platforms. You also can explore this page for troubleshooting tips, FAQ, and network support locations.
You can revisit this page at any time in the Wireless Network topic on the ITS Help Resources webpage.
Student PaperCut print accounts
Red River College uses PaperCut print management software, which allows you to install, access, and use College networked printers on your personal tablet or laptop. The PaperCut software also provides convenient 24/7 access to your detailed account balance and transaction history.
Office 365 FAQ
Each student is provided with access to Office 365—Microsoft’s cloud‑based applications and services. Your Office 365 access includes the following:
- The latest and most up‑to‑date versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote.
- The ability to work on any device, such as PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones.
- Access to 1 TB of cloud‑based storage using OneDrive.
For detailed information, please see the Office 365 topic on the ITS Help Resources webpage.
Set up OneDrive in Windows
Your College‑issued Office 365 access includes 1 TB of cloud‑based OneDrive storage. You can set up OneDrive on any computer using your College log on credentials and access your files anywhere there is an Internet connection. To set up your OneDrive folder, refer to the Set up OneDrive Help Resources page for directions.
You can also see the Office 365 topic on the ITS Help Resources webpage for information about sharing and copying files in OneDrive, using OneDrive on a nonprimary computer, and obtaining help and training with Office 365 products.
WebAdvisor is the College’s online service that provides you with 24‑hour access to your personal and College‑related information. Some of the tools you can access using WebAdvisor include, but are not limited to, the following:
- View and update your personal contact information.
- Self‑register into courses for some full‑time programs.
Payments and Profile
Payments and Profile is the College’s online service that provides you with 24‑hour access to your personal and College‑related information. Some of the tools you can access using Payments and Profile include, but are not limited to, the following:
- View your detailed financial account activity and make payments.
- Consent to receive your T2202 tax receipts electronically.
If you require technical support or help with technology resources, Case Log is the College’s support‑ticket system for submitting requests.
Information technology policies
All Red River College students must read, and abide by, the intent and content of the following information technology policies:
- IT1 please see the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources
- IT2 please see the Security of Information Technology Resources
The ITS Help Resources webpage has more than 180 self‑help topics designed to help you find solutions to common IT issues. Some of the IT support topics you can explore include the following, and ITS adds new webpages all the time:
- Office 365, Windows, & Microsoft application help & training
- Student Email & Student Printing
- HUB & Wireless Network
- Password, policy, and security information
- And much more!