While academic programs have moved to alternate delivery, Counselling Services continues to operate via telephone and/or video conferencing. We are here to help students work through personal struggles, develop skills to manage better, and enjoy their college experience.
We provide a range of services to support your wellbeing and success at RRC.
- Visit the Wellness Blog to learn more about developing strong coping skills, caring for your holistic health, and staying resilient.
- Request a Wellness Check. Complete the secure online form, leaving your telephone number and a counsellor will call you for a brief, supportive conversation. Wellness checks provide an opportunity to talk about how you are doing and be directed to helpful resources where appropriate.
- Counselling Services. Students frequently come to counselling to get help with personal/relational challenges, managing mental wellness, and to receive support through times of crisis. Our professional and registered counsellors have extensive experience and skills and they are here to support you. Compete the secure online intake form to get started, or take a look at some of the frequently asked questions.
- BEACON Digital Therapy. Designed to improve your mental health and build your resilience to life’s challenges, BEACON provides Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (or CBT), for depression, anxiety, and insomnia. BEACON is provided by registered mental health professionals, digitally, through your computer, smart phone or tablet. Learn more ›
- Same Day Crisis Service. If you believe the situation you are experiencing cannot wait for a regularly scheduled appointment and may result in serious consequences or distress, please complete this secure online form. Someone will respond to you within one business day. For crisis outside of business hours, please see Community Crisis Resources.
We greatly respect your right to privacy especially regarding information you share in counselling. Safeguarding the privacy of your personal information is an ethical obligation to you which all members of our department take very seriously. We also believe you should fully understand the limitations of confidentiality in order for you to make an informed decision regarding what you disclose in counselling.
Please see our Confidentiality Agreement for more information.