The mission of Security Services at Red River College is to assist in providing a safe and secure environment for students, staff, and visitors. To accomplish this, Security Services continues to raise the professionalism of our staff through training and education, as well as:
- Establish, promote, and encourage crime prevention programs on campus.
- Educate students and staff in areas of crime awareness.
- Ensuring security personnel become more service orientated.
Safe Walk Program
Safe Walk is a service that provides escorts for students, staff and visitors between two points at the Notre Dame Campus or Exchange District Campus, or to a point in close proximity to the College (including parking lots).
- Foot patrols
- Mobile patrols
- Access/key control
- Security audit
- Crime prevention/PR
- Emergency first aid and CPR
- Incident reporting and investigation
- Lost and found
Medical Incidents or Injuries
If 9-1-1 is needed, call directly from the scene:
- You have the best first-hand information to pass along to the 9-1-1 dispatcher.
- Engages the first responder sooner so they can arrive in a timely manner.
- When calling 9-1-1 from a RRC desk phone at NDC or EDC, it triggers a response for Security Services to attend to that location.
- Security is trained in first aid and can assist on the scene.
- Security will alert parking to the arrival of the first responders and ambulance.
- Security will direct the emergency responders to the scene.
If you are in need of assistance, but not in need of emergency services:
- Security will still come to the scene and assist with first aid if needed.
- Security has a first aid kit and can provide first aid at the Security Services office.
- Security has a wheelchair and can help with transportation to the Health Center (NDC).
- Security can stay with you until your ride arrives or assist you to your vehicle.
If you are on the way to the Health Center or vehicle and suddenly feel in need of assistance: