The Board of Governors oversees Red River College Polytechnic on behalf of the Manitoba Government. The Board is a corporation comprised of Manitobans from the public and private sectors, a RRC Polytech employee and a RRC Polytech student. The College President is a non-voting member of the Board.
The Board meets approximately 10 times per year from September through June and Regular Board Meetings are open to the public.
The Board of Governors is responsible to the Minister of Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration for ensuring the business and affairs of Red River College Polytechnic are conducted in accordance with the laws of Manitoba.
As the governing body of Red River College Polytechnic, the Board of Governors:
- defines Red River College Polytechnic’s vision, mission and mandate, and approves the long range strategic plan for the College.
- sets the overall policy direction and standards for the effective management and operation of the College, and monitors compliance with its policies and standards.
- is responsible for assuring the financial integrity of the College. It does this through regular monitoring of the College’s finances, contracting for an annual independent financial audit, and approving the College’s annual budget.
- approves the selection, compensation, and dismissal of the Red River College Polytechnic President. The Board regularly assesses the President’s progress in achieving the goals and objectives identified in the College’s strategic plan and annually reviews the President’s overall performance.
- advocates for the College. The Board and individual Board members promote the College within the public and private sectors, in the community, and internationally.
- supports the College’s fundraising and development activities. Board members contribute personally, participate in campaign activities, and identify, cultivate, and solicit potential RRC Polytech supporters.
Information regarding Red River College Polytechnic’s legislative authority, the Board’s operating regulations, and Board policies can be found under Documents.