All Red River College staff, students, and affiliates must report any need to isolate and/or seek testing to Health Services as soon as feasible. Any questions regarding a need to isolate and/or seek testing can be answered by completing the provincial COVID-19 screening tool and/or by calling Health Links at 1-888-315-9257. Health Services can also provide related guidance, and we are available at 204-632-2238 Monday-Friday from 8 AM until 9 PM, and Saturday/Sunday from 9 AM until 9 PM (extended on-call hours until further notice).
Red River College’s Health Services provides students and staff with a variety of health and wellness information for general interest, immunizations, ongoing health condition maintenance, plus treatment for injuries and illness.
Students and staff are welcome to walk into the Health Services office without an appointment. Nurses will assess and treat illnesses and injuries, and may recommend additional services on campus or at other community resources.
Visits to the Health Services office are kept confidential according to provincial legislative requirements. Injuries occurring on campus or as part of a work experience/training must be reported to the Health Services office as soon as possible after the injury.
- Assessments, treatments, evaluation for many illnesses/injuries
- Assistance connecting to College and community resources
- Assistance with health management (e.g. blood pressure monitoring, glucose testing, etc.)
- General health teaching and support
- Hearing conservation management
- Immunizations and related testing
- Mental health support
- Pregnancy testing and counselling
- Sexual health and teaching
- Sharps disposal
- Student accommodations and care plans
- Wellness initiatives and on-campus training on health-related topics
- Wellness/lifestyle assistance