Research Partnerships & Innovation drives innovation by matching industry problems and needs with College expertise, resources, capabilities, and facilities. Our focus areas include advanced design and manufacturing, clean technology, digital technology and health, nutrition and social sciences. Find out how we can be your partner in innovation.
Fostering Innovation through Collaboration
Since its inception in 2004, Research Partnerships & Innovation (RPI) has attracted over $25 million in capital investment to the College, which has helped to support over 50 research partnerships. These investments in research facilities and equipment have been matched with the human resources required to effectively serve the applied research needs of the region and its industry. With industry support, Red River College has established, or is in the process of establishing the following applied research centres:
- ATEC: Advanced Transportation and Energy Centre
- CARSI: Centre for Applied Research in Sustainable Infrastructure
- CATT: Centre for Aerospace Technology and Training
- CNDI: Centre for Non-Destructive Inspection
- EVTEC: Electric Vehicle Technology and Education Centre
- PGI: Paterson GlobalFoods Institute
RPI is your gateway to the vast base of knowledge, capabilities, facilities, and industry networks that reside at Manitoba’s most comprehensive institute of applied learning. Also, we are always seeking out and evaluating new opportunities to collaborate with industry on applied research projects.
Solving today’s industry problems, training tomorrow’s industry leaders.
Red River College is a Canadian college leader in applied research and commercialization. RPI is the engine that drives this capacity for innovation by matching industry problems and needs with College expertise, resources, capabilities, and facilities. This coordinated effort delivers practical solutions and innovation to industry, while enriching the experiences of student, faculty and staff.
Research Partnerships & Innovation Priorities
Based on existing expertise, resources, facilities and regional socio-economic demand, Research Partnerships & Innovation has identified the following research priorities:
- Advanced Manufacturing & Design
- Clean Technology
- Digital Technology
- Health, Nutrition & Social Sciences
Manitoba’s Research Partnerships & Innovation Resource
In addition to acting as the portal through which external partners may plug into Red River College, RPI is also the College’s “One-Stop Shop” for:
- Applied research proposal development and assistance
- Coordination and facilitation of industry-focused applied research
- Identification and assessment of applied research opportunities and the resulting knowledge and innovations
- Intellectual property management
- Knowledge/technology transfer and commercialization
- Management and administration of applied research grants and contracts Networking, business development, and external relations
- Start-up and operation of applied research pilot projects