Since its inception in 2004, Research Partnerships & Innovation has attracted over $25 million in capital investment to the College, which has helped to support over 50 research partnerships. These partnerships have helped make RRC a Canadian college leader in applied research and commercialization. Applied research is the engine that drives this capacity for innovation by matching industry problems and needs with College expertise, resources, capabilities, and facilities. This coordinated effort delivers practical solutions and innovation to industry, while enriching the experiences of student, faculty, and staff.
With industry support, Red River College has established, or is in the process of establishing the following applied research centres:
- ATEC: Advanced Transportation and Energy Centre
- CARSI: Centre for Applied Research in Sustainable Infrastructure
- CATT: Centre for Aerospace Technology and Training
- CNDI: Centre for Non-Destructive Inspection
- EVTEC: Electric Vehicle Technology and Education Centre
- PGI: Paterson GlobalFoods Institute