Pushing boundaries in building envelope technology
The Building Envelope Technology Access Centre (BETAC) supports our province’s building industry by helping clients address the challenges of designing and constructing durable, energy-efficient building envelopes in Manitoba’s unique climate—an environment with extreme conditions in which standard approaches often fail.
We offer enhanced access to the best Red River College has to offer, including researchers, staff, students and facilities. In turn, you get unparalleled access to advanced innovation and productivity through:
- Applied Research in new and existing building materials, products, assemblies, and diagnostic tools
- Technical Services including facilities and advisory services for performance testing
- Specialized Training and Education for building envelope industry professionals
Organizations and professionals involved in the design, construction, renovation, commissioning and maintenance of building envelopes partner with us because we have the facilities, equipment and expertise to help them find building envelope solutions suitable for Manitoba conditions.
We operate out of the Centre for Applied Research in Sustainable Infrastructure (CARSI) at Red River College.
Our staff understand the issues driving the need for building envelope innovation in our province, including:
- ongoing building envelope problems and failures
- an ever-expanding number of new materials, systems, standards and code requirements
- Manitoba’s diverse economy and cultural mix, resulting in a wide range of building uses with unique conditions and requirements
- increasingly aggressive building energy use targets
- a lack of industry capacity to respond to growth in demand for building envelope commissioning
We have a proven track record of success helping partners and clients achieve their goals. Find out more about the ways we can help you and your organization.