Our research serves our province’s building envelop industry by pursuing three aims:
- To accelerate the development, adaption and adoption of new building materials, products and assemblies
- To monitor and assess the performance of individual building envelope components and complete assemblies
- To develop diagnostic tools and improved methods that help industry identify building envelope deficiencies
- BETAC operates out of the Centre for Applied Research in Sustainable Infrastructure (CARSI), which offers facilities for testing mock-ups and assemblies for air, water, structural and thermal performance during design and pre-construction phases, as well as pre-certification testing of product prototypes.
- The Centre also advises clients producing building product development roadmaps.
Specialized Education and Training
The only constant in our industry is change. The ability to adopt the latest best practices and keep up to date with provincial and federal energy codes is critical to the success of your organization.
We offer flexible, best-in-class and cost-effective learning solutions led by industry experienced instructors, including:
- One- to three-day courses and customized modules on building field and lab testing, building science, and building envelope commissioning testing methods
- Specialized training for testing methods, protocols and standards to address building materials assemblies and whole building performance
- Bespoke training packages to suit your needs