Campus Alerting System
What is the RRC Polytech Campus Alerting System?
InformaCast is a mass notification software that enables the college to broadcast alerts in a timely and efficient manner. The alerts will come through your mobile phone and on-premise devices (e.g. Office phone or computer).
What is a Campus Alert?
A campus alert can range from:
- Sidewalks are hazardous due to the ice. Please be careful when walking on campus.
- There is a medical incident in a building-please avoid this area.
Where will Campus Alerts appear?
College issued devices will receive notifications. This includes:
- Text messages on College-issued cell phones and cell phones belonging to staff who are being paid per diems
- Emails through Outlook
- Cisco desk phones
- Hallway speakers across NDC, Roblin Centre, and Manitou a bi Bii Daziigae
- Desktop alerts on College laptops and desktops (coming soon)
- Digital television displays (coming soon)
I do not have College-issued cell phone, can I still receive text alerts?
Yes! If a staff member would like to receive alerts on their personal cell phone, please reach out to email@example.com.
I am a student of RRC Polytech, how will I be notified of campus alerts?
Students will receive notifications through:
- Academic email
- Hallway speakers throughout eligible campuses
- MS Teams
In order to receive notifications through MS Teams, students are required to self-subscribe to the MS Teams channel using the instructions below.