The College maintains a policy of periodic password expiration in order to adhere to regulatory, audit, and security requirements. It is important to have strong password requirements and policies in place to protect access to College information and ensure that the integrity of password security is maintained over time.
All passwords must adhere to the following requirements:
- Passwords expire after 180 days.
- Passwords must contain a minimum of 8 characters.
- Passwords cannot contain all, or part, of your account name.
- Passwords must contain characters from 3 of the 4 following categories:
- Upper case letters (A–Z)
- Lower case letters (a–z)
- Numeric digits (0–9)
- Non‑alphanumeric symbols (e.g., / & $ # %)
How do I change my password?
To change your password at any time, or after you receive notification of an expiring password, navigate to the Change your password page.
Laptop user passwords
If you changed your password on a College‑issued laptop at an off‑site location or not on the College’s wired network, you can update your locally stored password in one of the following two ways:
- Connect your laptop to the College’s wired network to automatically update your locally stored password.
- Log on to your laptop using your old password, connect to the College’s VPN network, lock your laptop using ctrl‑alt‑delete, click Lock, and then unlock your laptop using your new password.
Forgotten user name or password
If you have forgotten your user name or password, refer to the Claim your account / Forgot your password page to retrieve your information.