Create a new email message
- Click + New message.
- In the new message window, type the recipient’s name or email address into the To field.
- If the recipient is in your contacts, Outlook will auto‑fill the complete name or email address.
- If the recipient is not in your contacts, click the Search Directory field when it appears. If you do not find the person in the directory, verify that the spelling or email address that you entered is correct.
- Click the ellipsis (…) button on the top right-hand side of the new email window for email options, and then click Show message options.
Choose the urgency level under the Sensitivity drop down and then select the read and delivery receipt if needed.
- Click the ellipsis (…) button at the bottom of the new email window for further email options.
- When done, click the Send button at the top or bottom of the new email window.