This guide can assist you in exploring topics about emergency medicine and about the skills that every successful paramedicine practitioner uses and needs. Discover a wealth of evidence based clinical resources on prehospital care in both electronic and print formats, including book titles, streaming videos, sources for journal articles, and useful websites. And learn practical research tips and techniques, as well as helpful advice on writing papers and citing your sources.
Find the PARAMEDICINE & PRIMARY CARE PARAMEDIC GUIDE here:
- Go to library.rrc.ca
- Click on “Your GUIDE is ready“
- Select the subject box – PARAMEDICINE & PRIMARY CARE PARAMEDIC is in the NURSING, ALLIED HEALTH & LIFE SCIENCES section – to see all the guides on this subject
- Click the desired guide and you have a great starting point.
Other guides you may find interesting:
- Indigenous Health & Well-Being (rrclibrary.libguides.com/IndigenousHealth)
- Nursing (rrclibrary.libguides.com/nursing)
- Visible Body (App guidelines) (rrclibrary.libguides.com/visiblebody)
What is a Guide?
Guides are curated web pages created by our library staff. Many people who are starting to explore a topic aren’t sure where to start – there are so many options and it can be overwhelming.
Guides are a starting spot for students looking for more information on a particular topic in the collection. A guide will typically include featured books and journals (both print and electronic), databases, Videos (DVDs and streaming) and websites. They may also include specialized information specific to the topic (i.e. WHIMIS or resources specific to an assignment).
Do not hesitate to contact guide owners (information is on the guide) if you have any suggestions to improve this guide (content or special interest areas) or stop by the library – we would love to hear from you. If you would like to see a specific guide for a particular topic please let us know.
We encourage you to share this resource with your students, include it on your Learn site and help us promote this Library tool.