Uploading and Creating Content in a Course
All elements of a course can be linked into and organized in the content area. Your quizzes, assignments, discussions, etc. can all be organized into easy to follow modules.
The content area can display pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, and image files. It can also display HTML files. By using the “new file” function, you can build these HTML files right in LEARN without having to know a single line of code. Building content this way will allow you to make use of interactive materials such as embedded videos, interactive maps, or anything else available on the web with an ’embed code’.
An organized content area means an organized course. An organized course means less confusion for students, and fewer questions and explanations required.
Example Content Area Setup
- Module at a glance overview.
- How to proceed checklist
- Sub-module containing module reading and viewing material including presentations, videos, images, links, and notes.
- Sub-module that links to quizzes, discussions, assignments (Dropbox), and other assignments related to this module.
Working with the Content Area
- Create a Course Overview
- Creating and Deleting Modules
- Module Restrictions
- Importing the Course Introduction Module
- Uploading Content/Files into Modules
- Adding an External link to a Module
- Create a File and Insert Stuff
- Using HTML Templates
- Importing a Course Package or Module
- Uploading and Managing Files in the Manage Files tool