Registration and Fee Information
Convenient Ways to Register
Acceptance for courses is on a first-come, first-served basis. Seats are limited, so register early!
Register for Red River College’s part-time courses and workshops quickly and easily through the College’s website.
- Select your program or course from the online catalogue.
- Add course(s) to the cart, proceed to checkout and follow screens to complete the process.
- A confirmation page will appear once you’ve successfully completed your registration. You will also receive an email confirmation to the address you provided.
New Students: Your WebAdvisor user ID and password will be mailed to you within the next three to five business days following your registration. Find out more about WebAdvisor account.
Returning Students: If you consult WebAdvisor for your registration confirmations they will now be displayed one business day after your registration.
Payment: VISA or MasterCard. No VISA Debit.
Available 24 hours a day
Payment: VISA or MasterCard. No VISA Debit.
Tip: Complete the part-time registration form ahead of time!
Notre Dame Campus
Exchange District Campus
How: Have your employer fax or mail the authorization form to the address listed in item 6 below.
Payment: Cheque, money order, VISA, MasterCard, or College will invoice employer/agency. No cash or VISA Debit.
Note: Confirmation mailed to student.
Send the registration form to:
School of Continuing Education Office
E113-2055 Notre Dame Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9
Payment: VISA, MasterCard, cheque or money order. No cash or VISA Debit.
When registering by mail, fax, or phone do so 10 days prior to your class start date to ensure your registration receipt (containing important class information) is mailed and received before your first class.
- Fees are shown in the course listings. Fees include a non-refundable $50 administration fee and a Students’ Association Fee (Distance learning courses do not included a Student Association Fee). Most courses are GST exempt.
- If GST is applicable, it will be included in the fee.
- Full payment of fees is required at the time of registration.
- Do not send cash in the mail.
- Post-dated cheques are not accepted.
When a promotional rebate is applied to a program, course, seminar or workshop offered through the School of Continuing Education, the following conditions apply:
- Rebates are issued 10-15 business days after registration. If the start date is less than 15 business days from the date of registration or the date of registration is after the start date, rebates are issued within four weeks of the registration date.
- An expedited rebate may be requested.
Online Education Courses
- Students enrolling in Part-Time and Online Education courses may be required to purchase textbooks and materials at participating Campus Store locations or online at bookstore.rrc.ca. Student booklists will be available approximately three weeks prior to scheduled course start dates. Please ensure materials are purchased in advance, to be available for the start date.
- Videotapes, collections of readings, etc. are loaned to students and must be returned before transcripts are mailed.
- Courses vary as to items and services provided.
Confirmation of Registration
- Fax or voicemail registrations will be confirmed by phone within three working days, and a receipt will be mailed to you.
- Please retain your registration receipts. They contain information about your course start date, classroom location, course prerequisites and parking information. It’s confirmation of your payment!
- Partial refunds are available for courses (17 hours or more) up to the day before the start of the second class.
- For workshops (16 hours or less), partial refunds are available 8 days prior to the first class.
- Fill out the Part-time Withdrawal form.
- Partial refunds are available if the request is made within 10 calendar days from the start of the course.
- The refund amount shall be the course fee less the $50 administration fee.
General Refund Policies
- Refunds are subject to an administration fee.
- Refunds will be issued in the same form as payment; cash refunds and debit card purchases will be paid by cheque.
- All refund requests are now being processed through a centralized system. Approved refunds will be processed within 15 business days. During peak periods — Fall and Winter term starts — refunds will be processed within four weeks.
- Original receipts must be presented for refund requests of non-tuition items (parking, fitness classes, tests, etc.)
Online Education Extension Policy
If, due to unforeseen circumstances, you cannot complete your self-directed course by the designated end date (identified on your Registration Statement), you may request an eight-week extension of your studies, with payment of $75. You must make these arrangements three weeks prior to the course end date and there is only one extension allowed per course. Extensions are not allowed on term courses.
Cancellation of Class
- The College reserves the right to cancel a course.
- Fees and course details are subject to change.
- Unforeseen events may require a course cancellation.