Before applying, ensure you have thoroughly reviewed the program details and admission requirements, as well as the next available intakes of your program(s). If you’re applying for:
Intensive English Program Only
This is the right choice if you’re interested in learning the English language.
ABOUT THE INTENSIVE ENGLISH PROGRAM >
Academic Program Only
You must achieve the level of English proficiency required by your program, as well as other admission requirements.
ABOUT OUR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS >
Intensive English + Academic Program
If you have not taken an English language proficiency assessment or achieved the minimum English language requirements for your program of interest, you must enroll in the Intensive English for International Students (IEIS) program prior to starting an academic program.
SEE COMPLETE LIST OF PROGRAMS >
English is the language of instruction at the RRC Polytech. Applicants are responsible for a level of English proficiency that is sufficient to participate in all aspects of college study, including lectures, practicum placements, reading, writing and discussion.
CHECK OUT THE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS >
The majority of programs require the equivalent of a Grade 12 education in Manitoba. Additional requirements may be needed depending on the program.
UNDERSTAND THE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS >
At least six months prior to the start of your program of choice.
We recommend that you apply early to have the best selection of programs and sufficient time to apply for your visa. Applications are accepted continuously and are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Please review the visa application processing times on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website prior to submitting your application.
Sign up for an online account. If you already have an online account with RRC Polytech, sign in to your account.
CREATE OR LOGIN TO YOUR RRC Polytech ACCOUNT >
Step-by-Step Guide for Online Application
This guide will help you complete your online application with confidence. At the end of the application process, you will be required to pay the $150 CAD application fee.
SEE GUIDE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION >
Upload all required documents to the Supplemental Items page of your online application within 30 days of applying. Earlier submission may result in a quicker assessment of your application.
Official documents must be submitted for verification prior to the start of your program, or earlier.
Upload Document Requirements
- All academic documentation submitted must be official. An OFFICIAL academic document is a document issued directly by your educational institution. Certified, notarized and attested documents are not acceptable
- All other required documentation (example: passport, immigration documents, name change documents, etc.) submitted must also be official. Certified, notarized and attested documents are not acceptable
- We require high quality images of your OFFICIAL documents in order to review your credentials. Documents that are of non-acceptable quality, non-legible or certified documents will result in your application review being delayed or cancelled
- Scan both the front and back of the document(s) as the explanation of the grading scale or additional information may be on the back of certain documents
- All supporting documentation must be in English or French, or have English translations attached
- Documents must be in PDF format only and may not exceed 5 MB. You are able to upload multiple items for each requirement
- Name each PDF document with your full name, student number and type of document. Example:
- Mary Chan #0333333 – High School Name
- John Smith #0333332 – IELTS
- Harpreet Kaur #0333331 – Passport
1. Confirmation of Completion of Admission Requirement Courses
We require verification of your complete academic history including any college, university, or technical institutes you have attended.
High School Academic Documents – Upload your official high school/secondary transcript/mark sheet and graduation certificate. They must be official documents printed on school letterhead and signed by a school official
Post-Secondary Academic Documents – If you have attended a post-secondary institution including college, university, or a technical institute, you must upload your official post-secondary transcript(s)/mark sheet(s) and graduation certificate(s), even if the program you are applying to does not require post-secondary courses as an admission requirement.
2. English Language Requirement, if applicable
An English language assessment (CanTEST, IELTS Academic or TOEFL IBT) must have been completed within the last two years of your date of application. Upload your official English language assessment results.
See a list of English Language Requirement exempt countries
3. Passport Identification Page
Applicants must hold a valid passport. Upload your passport identification/bio-data/picture and address pages
4. Immigration Document(s), if available at time of application
Upload your Study Permit, Study Permit approval letter, Work Permit, Co-op Work Permit or Visitor Visa document(s)
5. Name Change Document, if applicable
If the name listed on your academic documents do not match your current name, you will be required to upload your proof of name change. Acceptable documents would be a Certificate of Marriage, Affidavit of Name of Change, Birth Certificate, etc.
6. Proof of Completion of Various Other Program Admission Requirements, if applicable
Many programs require completion of other admission requirements. Examples include: Personal Resume, Volunteer Hours or Portfolio. Some requirements can be uploaded to your application and others will be requested at a later date.
The quickest method to submit your documents is to upload them to your online application. However, if you are unable to do so, you can post/courier your document to:
Red River College Polytechnic
International Education Office
D210 – 2055 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3H 0J9
Due 14 days after the issuance of your Offer Email, if you decide to accept the offer.
If you decide to accept the Offer, you must pay a deposit fee of $3,000 CAD within 14 days of the issuance of the Offer.
International Student Refund Policy
Once a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) is issued, any request to change your Study Plan will result in the forfeiture of your $3,000 CAD international tuition deposit. This includes changing your term start date or program.
A Letter of Acceptance will be issued once your $3,000 CAD deposit is received and processed by RRC Polytech. This letter is an official document issued by Red River College Polytechnic that can be used for a study permit application.
Apply as soon as you receive your Letter of Acceptance. Visa processing time varies by country.
Use your letter of acceptance to apply for your study permit with the Government of Canada. For more information on how to apply for a study permit, click here.
Learn more about how to make deposits and tuition payments. The balance of your tuition fees for your first term are payable on or before the start date of your program.
60 days prior to your program’s start date.
Upload your Study Permit or Study Permit Approval letter to your online application account. Notification is due 60 days prior to the start of your program. Once you have confirmed that your study permit has been approved and you will be attending the program, your Information About Your First Day sheet will be emailed to you one month prior to the start of your program.