Graphic Designer – Silver Jeans
Senior Graphic Designer
Researches, creates and produces brand right graphic design elements to support print and digital initiatives in alignment with the vision and objectives of the brand.
You are vocal and passionate in all things design. You collaborate well in a group, effectively communicating your vision for design to a less technical audience. You feel comfortable taking projects through conceptualization and implementation phases. You are an advocate for brand standards, a teacher of design best practices and a student of all things.
- Inject creativity to all marketing drivers
- Image retouching and image manipulation
- Create a range of visuals for print as well as responsive digital environments
- Collaborate in seasonal photography
- Lead the design of visually appealing and effective digital content
- Render graphic elements using traditional tools, multimedia, image processing and design software
- Collaborates with eCommerce, Merchandising and Marketing teams to translate the marketing intent
- Maintain content libraries
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledgeable of responsive web design
- Proficient in CSS, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite
- Email design and CMS considered an asset
- Experience with Salesforce considered an asset
- Experience in After Affects and Premier Pro considered an asset
- Experience with Social Media and online advertising is a definite asset
- Retail experience a plus
- Ability to travel within United States
Please submit resume and a portfolio of recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the dates!
The Pop Up Print Sale is back! This year we will be at both campuses.
Made by RRC Winter Market at the Notre Dame campus
Thursday, November 28 from 10am to1:30pm
Exchange District campus atrium
Friday, November 29 from 10 am to 2 pm
We are selling a collection of student illustrated posters created over the past few years. We’ll have posters from the Iconic Winnipeg series, Quotables series and a collection of illustrated letters.
Prices are $10/poster or 3 for $25. There will also be a limited number of framed prints available for $30. Cash only please.
The core of the Digital Media Design program is rooted in design, and there are several design classes every week for the entire two years. Students also study traditional and digital illustration. Below are examples of a second year design/illustration assignment where students had to make a poster of their favourite movie, TV show, band, or video game.
Graphic Designer – Full Time
- To provide the sales associates, on a user pay basis, with results oriented advertising designed to meet their client’s objectives and help promote themselves in the competitive real estate industry.
- To use the marketing media currently available, by offering quality marketing solutions in a timely manner.
- Create multiple types of marketing print materials for our agents, such as: property information brochures, direct mail advertising campaigns, business cards, and create branding for individual agents.
- Create multiple types of digital marketing campaigns, such as: social media ads for our agents, property websites, etc.
- Create marketing materials for our office, including our monthly Commercial Sales Report, and promotional materials for recruiting purposes, and materials that our agents can use.
- Our office includes it’s own print shop with a press printer, so you would also be responsible for printing all materials and shipping orders to Canada Post.
- Be responsible for communicating effectively one-on-one with our sales associates.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work independently.
- Have a diploma or degree in Graphic Design/Digital Media Design.
- Comfortable and efficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Products including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- 1-2 years experience is preferred.
Please email portfolios (PDF, or website link) and resumes to email@example.com
Ever wonder who designs and builds the graphics for video games? It could be you. Below are samples of some recent work from students in the 3DCG program who had previously taken Digital Media Design.
Read More →
The Digital Media Design program teaches motion graphic design, which nicely complements many of the other skill sets taught in the program: graphic design, 3D animation, DSLR video, photography, and web design. Below an example of a motion graphic assignment, which tasked the students to illustrate and animate a simple fact.
Here is another student motion graphic sample. The assignment was to create a 10 second motion graphic that starts and ends with a square. What they did in the middle was up to them. Students were told to focus on using simple shapes, great design, and audio/video synergy to create a compelling motion graphic.
In DMD, we teach DSLR cinematography: you’ll learn camera settings, composition, lighting and audio. Here are some samples of students integrating motion graphics into their video production. The goal here was to focus on composition, movement, natural light, colour correction, and designing motion tracked graphics. Once students have mastered basic camera and lighting, we move on to advanced digital filmmaking techniques with a focus on storytelling.
A Program Information Evening will be held on:
Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7 to 8:30 pm
Exchange District Campus, 160 Princess St.
Main Floor Lecture Theatre A104
This information evening for students, parents and high school staff who would like more information about admission to our program. No need to register. The evening will begin with a presentation in the lecture theatre at 7 pm.
After the presentation we invite you to:
• tour our design studios,
• meet with instructors, and current students,
• ask questions about the entrance portfolio
• view samples of work.
A pdf invitation is available for download here.
For more information contact: Diane Livingston, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
User experience, or UX for short, refers to how a person interacts with a company or brand. This includes interactions with websites, mobile apps, social media, as well as actual face-to-face interaction.
In DMD, we teach the key principles of designing a great user experience. We also teach about responsive web design, or designing for an equally great user experience across a wide range of devices (mobile, tablets, desktops, etc).
We’re looking for a skilled user interface designer to join our team to help us build the technology that will help change the world of urban renewable energy.
UI designers take complex challenges, features, and requirements, then turn them into easy to use, easy to understand interfaces that make the lives of our users better. They work closely with software developers, co-founders and other staff in a collaborative and agile environment.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Think first and foremost about our users and how we can make their lives
- Help ensure we’re solving the right problem and conceptualize the best solutions for new and existing
- Create sketches and/or highly-detailed mock-ups, user-flows, storyboards, and prototypes to communicate user interface, interactions, and experience
- Constantly evaluate our apps to ensure we’re changing and evolving them to be the
- Demonstrate you have the knowledge and experience in building easy to use, easy to understand web-based interfaces, design system, and pattern
- Have a post-secondary education in web design or equivalent work
- Provide a link to your impressive portfolio showing off all the great work you’ve done Note: only applications accompanied by a portfolio will be considered for the UI designer
SKILLS THAT WILL GET YOU FAR
- A strong, clean visual design
- Proficiency with design and prototyping software: Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Axure,
- Expert in HTML and
- Leadership; influence others to make everything
- Collaboration; work closely with teams to find the best
- Communication; share your ideas in a way people can understand, while also best understanding the ideas of
- Empathy; be able to easily adopt the perspective of another person to see and understand things the way they
- Curiosity; seek understand complex challenges and user needs, why things are the way they are, and keep digging to figure out how they can become something
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio to:
Scott Russell – Co-Founder and CEO SolarSkyrise Inc. email@example.com solarskyrise.com