Our annual Graphic Design Student Print Show and Sale is on again as part of First Fridays in the Exchange. Friday December 7 from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm at the Exchange District Campus, Buhler Learning Commons at the corner of William and Princess. Please enter through the William Ave doors.
This year’s print theme will be famous quotes. Prices are $15/print or 3 prints for $40. We also have a limited number of framed prints available at $50 each. Check back to this page as we will be posting images of prints as they are completed.
The Winnipeg Construction Association is the largest and oldest commercial construction association in Manitoba. The association provides its membership with construction information, advocacy, education courses, and networking opportunities. Check us out at winnipegconstruction.ca.
We are seeking a new Graphic Designer to join our team. Working closely with the Communications Manager, the successful candidate will be designing a wide variety of products and collateral across both digital and print media. To be successful in this position, you’ll be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Planning and executing graphic concepts for both digital and print media, while working within WCA’s established brand standards.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software (Adobe CC).
- Coordinating with both internal and external audiences to accomplish tasks on time.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, logos, and websites with software such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- While print & digital design is the main focus, there may be an opportunity to dive into video shooting & editing.
Graphic Designer Requirements:
- Diploma or degree in graphic design or related field.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field (Co-ops & paid positions are both applicable).
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, especially Adobe Creative Cloud.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- While creativity is a must, equally important is the ability to work within established brand standards and with the appropriate tone.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and individually.
- Ability to shoot and edit video is an asset.
- Ability to shoot photography is an asset.
- Ability in Adobe After Effects is an asset.
This is a new position for WCA, and the successful individual will work directly with the Communication Manager, liase with WCA staff and other stakeholders, and report to the President.
WCA offers a competitive salary, full group benefits, pension contribution, free parking at our location in South Winnipeg, and other perks.
Interested candidates should include a resume, cover letter and either link to an online portfolio or provide no fewer than 3 works displaying your graphic design skills by November 30, 2018.
Apply through Indeed: https://www.indeedjobs.com/winnipeg-construction-association/jobs/806d8b884aed7cf9d89e
Our Winnipeg office has an exciting opportunity for an Graphic Designer. This position is an important function of our marketing team, requiring you to create and inspire across our retail, team, and E-Commerce platforms. As our Graphic Designer you will ultimately take pride in implementing our strategic marketing goals.
Kahunaverse Sports Group was born through the fusion of three great Canadian companies in Home Run Sports, Big Kahuna Sport Co. and most recently Soccer X. Our mission is to outfit and inspire the athlete in all of us, and help create a lifetime of memories through the journey of sport, from prospect to pro. We are athletes serving athletes, we appreciate the importance of culture and strive to be a great place to work and a great place for our customers to work with.
As apart of this Team you will:
- Assist in the creation of social media content
- Work closely and collaboratively with the marketing team in design decisions for ongoing look and feel of website
- Accurately plan, design and execute email marketing campaigns with Mail Chimp integrated email software
- Support company-wide team and retail sales departments for instore signage and promotional handouts for offsite events
- Prepare other Digital and print graphic design across retail, e-comm and team platforms as needed
The Teammate we’d like
- Proficiency Adobe CC knowledge a must.
- An amazing communicator; fluent in English, effective verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills, flexible; able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Able to function and collaborate well on a team; on the court and in the office.
- Outrageously detail oriented
- Must have sense of humour and a love of sport
- Video production experience is an asset.
- Someone who shares our core values:
- Delivering Wow
What you can expect from our Team:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and emphasis on work-life balance.
- Company-inspired volunteer days
- Opportunity to grow with the most dynamic and leading sport company in Canada
- And a fantastic work environment…Check us out at Kahunaverse.com
Join our Team:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter along with salary expectations and accompanying resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format and please quote “Graphic Designer – Winnipeg” in the subject line. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
~ No phone calls or agencies please ~
Thinking about applying to the Graphic Design program? Come learn about our program and the portfolio admission process.
Graphic Design Information Evening
Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 7 to 8:30 pm
Exchange District Campus, 160 Princess St.
Main Floor Lecture Theatre A104
Graphic Design is holding an information night for students, parents and high school staff who would like more information about admission to our program. No need to register. The evening will begin with a presentation in the lecture theatre at 7 pm.
After the presentation we invite you to:
• tour our design studios,
• meet with instructors, and current students,
• ask questions about the entrance portfolio
• view samples of work.
For more information contact: Diane Livingston, Program Coordinator at email@example.com
Some say its going to be the BEST EVER!
Come join us for the 2018 edition of our Grad Show.
The show is open to the public all day Wednesday May 2 and Thursday May 3, 2018. Industry and former grads are invited to our Industry night on Thursday from 5 to 8 pm. It is also the 50th anniversary of the graphic design program so we are counting on you to share your memories and photos. We have set up an anniversary page at: 50th Anniversary.
Here are two terrific demo reels from two Digital Media Design students. The first one is from a 3D major, and the second is from a Video and Motion Graphics major. Which one appeals to you?
The Digital Media Design program teaches motion graphic design, which nicely complements many of the other skill sets taught in the program: graphic design, 3D animation, DSLR video, photography, and web design. Below an example of a motion graphic assignment, which tasked the students to illustrate and animate a simple fact.
Here are three more mograph samples. The assignment was to create a 10 second motion graphic that starts and ends with a square. What they did in the middle was up to them. Students were told to focus on using simple shapes, great design, and audio/video synergy to create a compelling motion graphic.
The core of the Digital Media Design program is rooted in design, and there are several design classes every week for the entire two years. Students also study traditional and digital illustration. Below are examples of a second year design/illustration assignment where students had to make a poster of their favourite movie, TV show, band, or video game.