The Green Jobs – Science and Technology Internship Program is a federal program that provides funding to organizations, businesses and institutions to hire post-secondary graduates in the natural resource sectors in a science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) field. This helps young graduates to gain relevant and meaningful work experience within their field of study.
Hiring organizations can receive a contribution payment for up to 50% of the intern’s salary to a maximum of $15,000 for a 6-12 month internship.
An individual may be eligible for an internship if they are:
* Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
* A post-secondary graduate;
* Legally entitled to work in Canada;
* Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status; and
* Not in receipt of Employment Insurance during their internship.
Green Jobs —STIP is delivered through third party organizations. If your organization could benefit from this opportunity, then apply to one of our delivery organizations: