Opportunities for Red River College faculty and staff interested in pursuing applied research are posted as they become available.
Please contact us if you are interested in applying for any of these opportunities or with one you have identified yourself.
Strategic Transformation & Applied Research Fund
The Strategic Transformation & Applied Research Fund is an evolution from previous internal funding (PIF and CARD) at Red River College. The new fund aims to support broad range of activities at the college with emphasis on interdisciplinary and multi-department projects. The proposal must clearly demonstrate innovation, must be unique and/or have elements of strategic transformation.
Do you think your research has commercial potential? If so, please read over the Invention Disclosure Form, and make an appointment to see us to discuss your invention.
You do not have to fill out the Invention Disclosure Form prior to meeting with Applied Research. However, you should be prepared to answer the questions, as they will be asked during your disclosure meeting.
Check out the Applied Research flowchart for an explanation of the Applied Research commercialization process.
Tools for Researchers
Applied Research has developed a Researcher’s Guide. It can be downloaded as a pdf file, either with the appended policies, or without.
- AR&C Researcher Guide – Abridged Draft 2015
- CIHR Institute of Genetics Guidebook for New Principal Investigators
Policies and Procedures
Red River College has developed a series of policies and procedures that apply to several research areas, including:
- Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Research Involving Human Subjects
- Integrity in Research and Scholarship
- Animal Care and Research
- Conflict of Interest in Research
- Student Rights in the Conduct of Research
- Research in the Yukon, North West Territories, and Nunavut
- Research Involving Biohazards and Radioactive Materials
- Applied Research Administration
- Approval to Forward an Application for Research Funds to an External Sponsor
- Recovery Costs of Research
With support from NSERC, RPI has created several detailed videos that tell the stories behind major applied research projects, facilities and research groups which are helping drive the Manitoba economy in innovative and sustainable ways.
See fact sheets from recent Applied Research projects and initiatives.
To further engage faculty, staff, and students in applied research and learning and maintain RRC’s status as one of Canada’s top research colleges, Applied Research & Commercialization has created an online resource that will identify, promote, share, and create connections between our subject matter experts at the College, and the business and research communities at large.