Recreation Services Memberships
An RRC Polytech fitness facility membership provides access to:
- the Notre Dame Campus Fitness Centre located in the North Gym,
- the Exchange Fitness Centre located in the Roblin Centre,
- drop-in recreational sport at the Notre Dame Campus North and South Gym, and
- equipment loans.
- A valid piece of photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport) is required to purchase a membership.
- All members are required to sign the Informed Consent form prior to using the facility.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a membership.
- All members must abide by the rules and etiquette.
Membership Fees and Application
Red River College Polytechnic offers membership in our fitness centre. Rates for membership will vary depending upon what category you qualify for.
Red River College Polytechnic Students
Students who pay a Wellness Fee attached to their tuition are able to access a facility membership at no additional cost. An RRC Polytech Identification Card will provide access to the facilities, starting on the first day of classes.
Red River College Polytechnic Students Who are Not Charged a Wellness Fee
Students who have not paid a Wellness Fee along with their tuition (eg. apprenticeship students and Language Training Centre students) will be required to visit a Student Service Centre to purchase a 4-month membership for $20.
Note: Due to our limited Fitness Centre hours during the winter and spring 2022 terms, students who have not paid a wellness fee may access the facilities for no additional cost until the end of August 2022.
Red River College Polytechnic Staff
Staff may access the facilities with their RRC Polytech Identification Card.
Red River College Polytechnic Alumni
Alumni are defined as: Any individual who has graduated with a credential from a RRC Polytech program or has taken and successfully completed at least one course, session or semester towards an RRC Polytech program. Note: this includes Apprenticeship Manitoba students.
Alumni wishing to purchase a membership are required to fill out an application form and then visit a Student Service Centre to complete their purchase. It may take up to 5 business days from the time the application is received until a Student Service Centre will be able to process your payment.
RRC Polytech Alumni rate: $130 for 12 months or $68 for four months.
Red River College Polytechnic Associates
Associate Groups are defined in Policy H3 and include RRC Polytech Board of Governors; RRC Polytech Students’ Association Inc.; RRC Polytech Early Childhood Centre Inc.; RRC Polytech Heritage Group; Manitoba Government employees, Commissionaires and employees of other companies or organizations assigned to RRC Polytech; and other individuals or groups as designated by the College from time to time. Associates can take their RRC Polytech Identification Card to a Student Service Centre to purchase a membership.
Associate rate: $150 for 12 months or $75 for four months
Community members wishing to purchase a membership are required to fill out an application form and then visit a Student Service Centre to complete their purchase. It may take up to 10 business days from the time the application is received until a Student Service Centre will be able to process your payment.
Community rate: $250 for 12 months or $125 for 4 months.
Note: In addition to the annual membership fee, there will be a one-time charge to purchase a RRC Polytech Identification Card.
- An RRC Polytech Identification Card is required to enter fitness and recreation facilities.
- Memberships are non-transferable.
- RRC Polytech Identification Cards may not be shared with others. Doing so will result in a loss of privileges for a minimum of one month.
- Occasionally, certain facilities may not be available due to maintenance or special events. Campus Well-Being will provide advanced notice whenever possible. Memberships will not be extended or refunded due to occasional closures.
- Individuals visiting fitness and recreation facilities who forget their Identification Card must sign in. Lost cards, however, must be replaced by visiting a Student Service Centre.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported to the Customer Service Desk.
Membership may be canceled upon receipt of 30 days written notice from the member. Refunds will be given on a prorated basis from the end of the month in which the cancellation occurs.
If membership cancellation occurs before the completion of the initial term, a cancellation fee of $25 will apply towards a pro-rated refund of membership fees.
Casual paid parking is available at the NDC Campus on a first-come, first-serve basis. More information on parking can be found here.
Information about locker rentals and towel service can be found here.