WebEx is a fully-featured collaboration, video conferencing, and synchronous online course software.
Before starting a WebEx session, be sure to follow the requirements below.
- A good quality webcam. For meetings between staff, a laptop webcam will be fine but not ideal.
- A good quality headset that includes headphones and a microphone.
- This is the most overlooked, though essential requirement for webex use. If you intend to speak in a presentation, you must use a headset with a microphone unless you are using a special echo canceling room microphone such as those produced by Phoenix or Cisco. A laptop microphone is not an acceptable option and will cause distracting echos and feedback for all users.
- A decent internet connection. At least a 3G (2Mbps+) internet connection is required. The college network is ideal.
- A quiet, well-lit room.
- Log in to WebEx via HUB.rrc.ca. Detailed instructions can be found here: Log on to RRC Webex
- Download the WebEx Desktop Client. Run the client to ensure that it works smoothly.
Download the WebEx Desktop client for Windows.
Download the WebEx Desktop Client for Mac
- For more information on how to use WebEx, visit the ITS website.
Using WebEx for Online Courses
- Using WebEx in LEARN
- Tips for Teaching Online with WebEx
- LinkedIn Learning course on using WebEx Meeting Centre
- ITS’ Webex page including FAQ and detailed how-to documentation