Residence Handbook – Communal Spaces
2.0 Communal Spaces
All communal areas and hallways in Residence are equipped with CCTV.
Campus Living has provided a Communal Kitchen located on the fourth (4th) floor of Residence. This kitchen is shared by all Residents. Use of the kitchen is a privilege. It is the collective responsibility of all users to keep this space clean and use the kitchen safely.
Residents are required to follow all kitchen rules and responsibilities as outlined, failure to comply may result in disciplinary action, including restricted access to the kitchen, fines, or eviction.
- Turn on the exhaust fan before using the cooktop or the oven. The fan switch is located next to the patio door and is labelled.
- Wash dishes immediately after use (including pots & pans, utensils, etc.)
- Put away clean dishes.
- Immediately clean up any spills on the counter, table, stove top, or floor.
- Clean out the microwave after each use.
- Dispose of all garbage and food scraps in the appropriate bins (garbage, recycling, or compost).
- Return your ingredients and leftover cooked food to your room. Any food that is left out will be considered to be common property, and may be consumed or thrown away.
- Never leave cooking unattended. Any unattended cooking that is found will be discarded by staff.
- Do not discard any food waste or oil down the sink.
- Rinse and hang all cloths, or put them in the dirty laundry hamper.
- The items provided in the kitchen are property of Campus Living. Do not remove any of these items from the kitchen.
- It is your responsibility to operate appliances safely.
Appliance instruction manuals are available in the kitchen or ask Campus Living for digital copies.
All Residents are issues a reloadable laundry card at move-in. Laundry cards are loaded on the reload machine located outside of the Campus Living Office, by use of debit or credit cards at increments of $10-$30.
Laundry Facilities are located on the sixth (6th) and eights (8th) floors in the Residence building.
Prices: $2.50/wash (and) $1.75/dry
Communal Lounges are accessible to all Residents and are located as follows:
- 413: Kitchen with provided Shaw Cable
- 513: Quiet Study Space
- 613: Lounge with provided Smart TV, Shaw Cable, & X-box
- 700: Lounge with provided Shaw Cable
- 1000: Lounge with provided Shaw Cable and assortment of board games.