Learn to design and produce high-quality manufactured goods.
This program prepares you to work in the design and production of high-quality manufactured goods. Topics covered include:
- Manufacturing methods
- Quality assurance
- Equipment selection
- Computer-aided engineering
- Building systems design and control
- Mechanical analysis
- Computer applications
- Supervision and management
You will select some specialty electives in your last term. This specialization completes your training by providing deeper insight into areas of technology that are of interest to you. These areas of specialization have been developed to help meet the needs of industry.
The Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma has been accredited by the following:
- Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba
- Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists, providing Canada-wide reciprocity with other provincial organizations
Prior to starting the program, you will be invited to attend a program overview information session, and to participate in a math and reading skills diagnostic testing session that will advise you of your program readiness.