You’re Invited – Sharing Experiences and Strategies for Effectively Addressing Racism in Post-Secondary – Featured Expert and Virtual Panel Discussion
To combat racism, we must address racism in all forms and in all areas of our daily lives. How can you help? It’s simple. Listen, learn and act.
Join RRC Polytech’s Anti-Racism Committee for the first in a four-part speaker series featuring champions of equity, diversity, and inclusion in a post-secondary setting, accompanied by a moderated panel discussion designed to inspire change.
Keynote speaker, Dr. Leela Viswanathan, an award-winning educator and anti-racism advocate, will introduce several themes – accountability, practices to address bias, and ways to support the journey of all students to see them flourish.
A panel representing RRC Polytech’s senior leadership team, distinguished alumni, and the student body will join the discussion to share their experiences and suggestions and respond to your questions.
- Date: April 14, 2022
- Time: 12–1pm CST
- Host: RRC Polytech Anti-Racism Committee
- Registration Deadline: April 14, 11:30am
Dr. Leela Viswanathan, PhD, RPP, MCIP, Viswali Consulting
- Jamie Wilson, Vice-President, Indigenous Strategy and Business Development
- Kyra De la Ronde, Student, Social Innovation and Community Development
- Jackie Wild, President, Manitoba Filipino Business Council – Senior Community Investment Manager, TELUS – RRC Polytech Graduate, Creative Communications 2013
Ginger Arnold, Instructor, Social Innovation and Community Development
If you have technical difficulties when logging on to this Zoom event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or text 204-291-0788.