Autodesk Maya Installation
Students in the Digital Media Design program will use Autodesk Maya 2019 for animation class. As part of Autodesk’s Education Community program you will create an account with Autodesk and acquire a 3-year license for Maya.
Because your Autodesk Maya license will extend beyond your program at Red River College please be sure to use a personal email address when creating your Autodesk account.
Download and install Autodesk Maya
- Go to: Autodesk Education and select Maya within the main body of the webpage.
- Under I need an account, select: CREATE ACCOUNT. Feel free to use an existing account if you already have one.
- Once you have setup your Autodesk account and verified your email address, choose Maya 2019 and the appropriate operating system for your laptop and language, then select the BROWSER DOWNLOAD button.
- Once the download has completed navigate to your downloads folder on your laptop and double-click the .dmg (Mac) or .exe (Windows), and follow the instructions for installation. Maya will be installed on your laptop under: Autodesk.
- Once installed, launch Maya 2019 and when prompted choose: enter a serial number.
- You will be asked to agree to the Autodesk licensing terms, then select: Activate.
- You will be prompted to enter your Maya 2019 serial number. You will find your serial number on the Autodesk webpage where you downloaded Maya from, as well in the Autodesk Registrations & Activations email Autodesk has sent you.