Digital Media Design is a two-year full time program at Red River College in Winnipeg that teaches graphic design, web and mobile design and development, video and motion graphics, 3D animation, photography and illustration. DMD is taught in the phenomenal Exchange District Campus. Check out some recent student samples!
We encourage creativity, professionalism and a strong work ethic. The DMD program teaches both design fundamentals and technical skills. DMD graduates are able to design and build 3D graphics for video games and films, professionally shoot and edit video and photos, create motion graphics, and design and build websites and mobile app interfaces.
What You’ll Learn
We encourage creativity, professionalism and a strong work ethic. Courses include Video and Audio Production, Graphic Design, Web Development, 3D Computer Graphics, and Motion Graphics. The DMD program teaches both design fundamentals and technical skills. DMD graduates are able to design and build websites, shoot and edit digital video, create professional motion graphics, and construct complex 3D models and animation.
During the first year, students are exposed to a variety of courses. During the second year, they specialize in the following areas: 3D Computer Graphics, Video and Motion Graphics, or Web Design and Development.
Apply now for Fall 2019 admission. You can apply online or come down to the registration desk on the main floor of 160 Princess Street. Once your application has been processed you will be asked for transcripts and other supporting documents. You will be assigned a student number and given access to your online account.
The next stage will be to be put together a portfolio of work. The portfolio requirements change from year to year. The instructions for the Fall 2019 Portfolio are now available for download by clicking here.
If you need some guidance with your portfolio we suggest you look into the following:
- DMD Information Night will be held on Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 7pm in P107-160 Princess Street. Information will be given about the DMD program as well as many helpful tips and tricks regarding the entrance portfolio. We recommend taking notes and asking questions (if needed) during the portfolio information part of the evening.
- DMD Portfolio Preparation (MUME-1224) is a Continuing Education course that runs for 6 weeks starting in February each year. Registration is available online.
February 28 – deadline to apply to the next program intake
- New Media Design
- Web and Mobile Design and Development
- Motion Graphic Design
- Videography and Photography
- 3D Animation and Design for Video Games
- 3D Animation and Visual Effects for Film
- Graphic Design and Illustration