The Winnipeg Construction Association is the largest and oldest commercial construction association in Manitoba. The association provides its membership with construction information, advocacy, education courses, and networking opportunities. Check us out at winnipegconstruction.ca.
We are seeking a new Graphic Designer to join our team. Working closely with the Communications Manager, the successful candidate will be designing a wide variety of products and collateral across both digital and print media. To be successful in this position, you’ll be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities:
- Planning and executing graphic concepts for both digital and print media, while working within WCA’s established brand standards.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software (Adobe CC).
- Coordinating with both internal and external audiences to accomplish tasks on time.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, logos, and websites with software such as Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- While print & digital design is the main focus, there may be an opportunity to dive into video shooting & editing.
Graphic Designer Requirements:
- Diploma or degree in graphic design or related field.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field (Co-ops & paid positions are both applicable).
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, especially Adobe Creative Cloud.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- While creativity is a must, equally important is the ability to work within established brand standards and with the appropriate tone.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and individually.
- Ability to shoot and edit video is an asset.
- Ability to shoot photography is an asset.
- Ability in Adobe After Effects is an asset.
This is a new position for WCA, and the successful individual will work directly with the Communication Manager, liase with WCA staff and other stakeholders, and report to the President.
WCA offers a competitive salary, full group benefits, pension contribution, free parking at our location in South Winnipeg, and other perks.
Interested candidates should include a resume, cover letter and either link to an online portfolio or provide no fewer than 3 works displaying your graphic design skills by November 30, 2018.
Apply through Indeed: https://www.indeedjobs.com/winnipeg-construction-association/jobs/806d8b884aed7cf9d89e