Artifacts in ePortfolio
There are several different types of files that you can upload to your presentation.
Artifacts used in ePortfolios are digital evidence of your learning, experience, achievements and goals. They are the building blocks of everything you do within the ePortfolio tool. An artifact can be almost any kind of file.
The artifacts you collect should have a purpose in demonstrating a skill or competency. You should collect a wide range of artifacts so you have many options to choose from when you build a presentation. Examples of artifacts you can include are:
- Papers, projects, and writing samples
- Journal/blog entries
- Word, PDF, etc.
- Projects, Assignments
- Group projects
- Examples of work from the class
- Video and audio clips
- Photographs, images, artwork
- Work experience
- Co-op and work experience
- Community and service learning
- Examples of Prior Learning
- Academic awards and honors
- memberships in professional organizations
- Certifications, WHMIS etc.
Adding Files from your Computer as Artifacts
- Click “Add Files”
- Click “Upload” or drag and drop your file
- After uploading your file you can “Add tags” (1), and when done click “Add to Portfolio” (2)
Adding Assessments etc. as Artifacts in ePortfolio
You are able to add course content as reflections as well as add feedback, grades, assessments etc. as artifacts.
- Find what you would like to add.
- In this example, “Assessments”(1), “Dropbox”(2)
- Click “View” to view the feedback on the assessment
- Click “Add to ePortfolio”
- Give your Artifact a name (1), add a description and tags if you wish and click “Add” (2) when done.