We’re beyond thrilled that Red River College has been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for the 10th straight year. This national designation recognizes employers for their environmentally friendly policies and programs that engage staff in their sustainability efforts.
To mark the occasion, we’re pulling out the highlight reel and looking back on the last decade of sustainability at the college with our Top 10 List:
- 7,882 kgs of campus-grown produce donated to Winnipeg Harvest Grow-A-Row since 2013
- 2 geothermal buildings
- 36 students, staff and alumni who’ve showcased their talents at Made-by-RRC Markets
- $804,599 in avoided costs since bringing a coordinated effort to print reduction in 2015
- 18 years of operating an on-site compost program at the Notre Dame Campus
- 5 consecutive gold-medal finishes in the Commuter Challenge
- 93 indoor bike parking spots as part of our Sustainable Transportation Program (with more planned for the Innovation Centre)
- 86% of staff and faculty who believe sustainability should be a priority in college operations
- 6 EV charging stations
- 1 College community dedicated to advancing sustainability in operations, academics, research and community connections
We want to sincerely thank all the staff and faculty who have been a part of this journey. Sustainability is about embracing innovation, taking risks and challenging the status quo. We’re so thankful to work with a college community that embodies sustainability values and is committed to making a difference. So here’s to the last 10 years (we say as we raise a mug of Fairtrade coffee)… we’re looking forward to working with all of you over the next decade. Cheers!