You are invited to join industry leaders, students, instructors and researchers for our third-annual Applied Research & Innovation Day to celebrate student applied research and our research partnerships at Red River College (RRC).
Previous ARI Days were hugely successful, drawing more than 600 participants from industry, government, the College itself and our broader community.
This year, we will be showcasing some of the best applied research projects taking place at RRC. Students will have a chance to display research, meet potential employers, and win cash prizes. The event will once again be emceed by Ace Burpee, and will be in a reception-style with hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar.
Guests will have the opportunity to tour the following RRC hubs of innovation:
- CARSI (Centre for Applied Research and Sustainable Infrastructure)
- Tour Host: Rob Spewak, Manager, Building Envelope Technology Access Centre
- Innovation Lab
- Tour Host: Oyedele (“Dele”) Ola, Manager, Technology Access Centre for Aerospace & Manufacturing
- Tour Host: Mike Myrowich, Instructor
We will conduct two tours of each facility, beginning at 6:15 p.m. and ending at 7:30 p.m.
See photos from last year’s event here.
Date: Thursday, May 30, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Venue: RRC’s Notre Dame Campus – Skilled Trades and Technology Centre (Building T – See Map)
A brief agenda of the event:
- Welcoming remarks
- Faculty presentations
- 15 Years of Research at RRC
- Facility Tours
- Student Awards Announced
Registration for ARI Day is now closed, though we will be welcoming walk-ins on-site!
Why You Should Attend
- Connect with fellow business leaders, as well as sector supporters and federal research funders
- Prospect some of RRC’s best and brightest students
- Learn how RRC can be your partner in research and innovation!
- Selected student groups will have a chance to display research, meet employers, and win cash prizes
- Support fellow students presenting in the Student Research Showcase
- Connect with innovation-minded businesses, academic research leaders, and potential employees
- Learn how RRC is a growing player in Manitoba’s innovation ecosystem
- Enjoy the Student Research Showcase