The application period is open until 2:00 p.m. on February 28, 2019. Grants are open to researchers at universities and colleges working on projects that contribute to building a better online Canada, as well as to non-profits and registered charities. Grants are available up to $100,000, with one grant available up to $250,000.
This year, CIRA is focused on the following key funding areas:
- Infrastructure: Developing connectivity services for regional, rural, remote and/or underserved communities
- Access: Providing individuals and communities with the ability to connect to the internet
- Digital Literacy: Enhancing Canadians’ knowledge and skills to use the internet effectively and safely
- Engagement: Research and knowledge-sharing activities that broaden public understanding and participation in Internet policy development and governance and cybersecurity
- Services: Building online apps and platforms that address social, economic and/or environmental needs
Visit the CIRA website for more information!