Red River College, in partnership with Bioscience Association Manitoba, is pleased to welcome Dr. David Hughes, international speaker on global food and drink industry issues, to the Prairie Lights Dining Room on Monday, Dec. 3rd for a talk on “Insights and Trends in the Healthy Food Sector.” The event is free and all are welcome.
- Date: Monday, Dec. 3rd, 2018
- Time: registration is at 9am, session begins at 9:30am
- Location: Prairie Lights Dining Room, Notre Dame Campus
- Please register in advance at: biomb.ca.
Light refreshments will be served.
From Bioscience Association Manitoba:
Professor David Hughes is an Emeritus Professor of Food Marketing at Imperial College London, and a Visiting Professor at the Royal Agricultural University, U.K. He is a much sought-after speaker at international conferences and seminars on global food industry issues, particularly consumer and retail trends. David has lived and worked in Europe, North America, the Caribbean, Africa and South East Asia and has extensive experience as an international advisory board member with food companies and financial service organizations on three continents.
For 20 years, he was a Non-Executive Director of Berry Gardens Ltd – a U.K. farmer-owned berry fruit business (£230 million turnover in 2015). With his American business partner, David established, grew and sold a branded fresh produce business which served supermarkets in the USA. Around the globe, he works with food and beverage supply chain companies – including farm input, growers, manufacturers and ingredient companies, retailers and food service firms – to assist them in management training, strategy and Board level decision-making. David’s views are frequently sought by TV, radio and the printed press.
If you are entering through the main entrance by the bus loop:
- Please go down to the Mall level,
- Proceed through the hallway on your right,
- Prairie Lights Restaurant is located on your right, next to Tim Horton’s in the Mall Level.
If you are entering through any other entrances:
- Please head to the Mall level
- Look for the Tim Horton’s (Prairie Lights is adjacent to it.)