Hopefully we’ve sufficiently created “hype” around Read&Write and you know exactly what this software is, and how much it costs. But for those who may not have heard yet, let us formally introduce you to Read&Write!
Read&Write (also known as R&W) is an application with supports for, you guessed it, reading and writing. …but it’s so much more than that! R&W has features built in that allow students choice in how they interact with their course materials:
- Don’t want to read that online content? Listen to it!
- Don’t want to copy important information down by hand? Use the digital highlighters and export those highlights into a new document!
- Still learning English, or understand information better in another language? Translate the text into another language, and (for most translated languages) listen to the translated text aloud!
- Need a definition of a word but don’t want to open a new browser tab (because isn’t that a risky step towards distraction)? Use the built in dictionary or picture dictionary.
- Want to listen to course content while multi-tasking (maybe folding laundry or walking your dog)? Go ahead!
R&W has features that allow you to do all of the above (and more)!
Free. $0. No cost, no credit card needed!
R&W LEARN Course
Interested in using R&W, but not sure how to make it do all of the magical things we’ve talked about?! Don’t worry, we’ve put together a Read&Write Introduction course in LEARN that is designed to walk you through installing and using R&W.
Think of this “course” more of a tutorial, or a way for us to house information. This course is optional. You are not marked, and it does not impact your grades. Pick and choose which modules you want to go through, and when you want to go through them.
Accessing the R&W LEARN Course
If you are not already registered, you can self-enroll in the Read&Write Introduction Course.