Did you know that RRC is working to become the 10th Fair Trade Campus in Canada?
On September 22nd and 23rd staff and students are invited to find out about our journey, what partners we have in place, and what Fair Trade products you can find on campus.
Shop the global market, learn about the Fair Trade movement and indulge in a variety of delicious Fairtrade-certified products. Ten Thousand Villages will be on hand with items for sale (cash only); Fair Trade Manitoba and the Sustainability Office will have FREE Tea, Chocolate and “maybe even bananas” courtesy of Fairtrade Canada.
- Tuesday, September 22 from 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- Notre Dame Campus – Library Hallway
- Wednesday, September 23 from 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- Roblin Centre – Atrium
- Regional campuses can participate in Fair Trade Trivia!
- Answer our skill testing question, and you will be entered to WIN a Fair trade tea and chocolate basket for your office.
- Q: Using one of the websites provided, how many Fair Trade cities and towns are there in Canada? Send your name, campus and answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 25th.
Can’t make the market? Drop by RRC’s Campus Store any time for Fair Trade and ethically-sourced items– dresses, scarves, jewellery, stationary, mugs, etc.
For more information, contact the Sustainability Office at 204.632.2166