- Refer to the Install PaperCut on your Mac webpage to install PaperCut print management software. PaperCut allows you to install, access, and use College networked printers on your personal Mac.
- Refer to the instructions on the Student PaperCut webpage to add credit to your PaperCut account and to view more PaperCut features.
Install a College Printer
- To find available printers for your Campus on the printer server, click the Apple icon on the top left‑hand side of your screen.
- On the submenu, click System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + symbol on the left‑hand side.
- Click IP.
- On the Add menu, add the following:
- For Notre Dame Campus printers, use studentprintndc.
- For Exchange District Campus printers, use studentprintedc.
- Protocol: Choose Line Printer Daemon – LPD.
- Queue: Choose the academic lab where you would like to print, this example shows the queue code as F113_PRT1. This example is an academic lab located at the Notre Dame Campus, Building F, in Room 113.
- Name: The address as above will default in, but you may choose to name it something else, for example the lab room number.
- Driver: You can choose either Generic PostScript Printer or Generic PCL Printer. Either choice will provide you with most of your printing needs.
- Click Add.
- On the Setting up window, click OK.
Once the installation process is complete, you will be able to print to the selected printer.