- Refer to the Install PaperCut on your Mac webpage to install PaperCut print management software. PaperCut allows you to install, access, and use College networked printers on your personal laptop.
- Refer to the instructions on the Student PaperCut webpage to add credit to your PaperCut account and to view more PaperCut features.
Install a College Printer
- To find available printers for your Campus on the printer server, click the Apple icon on the top left-hand side of your device.
- In the sub-menu, click System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + sign on the left-hand side.
- Click IP.
- On the Add menu add the following:
For Notre Dame Campus printers, use studentprintndc.
For Exchange District Campus printers, use studentprintedc.
Choose Line Printer Daemon – LPD.
Choose the academic lab where you would like to print, this example shows the queue code as F113_PRT1. This example is an academic lab located at the Notre Dame Campus, Building F, in Room 113.
The address as above will default in, but you may choose to name it something else, for example the lab room number.
You can choose either Generic PostScript Printer or Generic PCL Printer; either will provide you most of your printing needs.
- When finished with the above information, click Add.
- When it is setting up studentprintndc (or studentprintedc), click OK.
Once the installation of this printer is complete, you will be able to print to the selected printer.