Assessment Services

Assessment Services

English Skills Assessment

Many RRC Polytech programs require you to complete an English Skills Assessment as part of your application.

There are two types of English Skills Assessments possible. Please review the information below to determine which assessment is the best choice for you.

Note: If you have written an English Skills Assessment in the past, please contact the applicable testing centre below to ensure your score is currently valid and at the required level for your program of interest.

Who should write the DRP?

Consider writing the DRP if you:

  • were born in Canada, or
  • came to Canada at age 12 or younger, or
  • consider English your primary language (Your primary language is the one you know best, are most comfortable with, and use every day when listening, speaking, reading and writing.)

For Degrees of Reading Power, please register online.

Who will need an alternative language test?

Consider writing an alternative language test if:

  • you came to Canada at age 13 or older, or
  • you graduated in Manitoba with “E” designated high school credits (Please note RRC Polytech programs do not accept “E” designations for high school credits listed in the admission requirements), or
  • English is not the language you feel most comfortable using.

What are English Language Requirements?

Learn more about our English Language Requirements here >

RRC Polytech campuses are located on the lands of Anishinaabe, Ininiwak, Anishininew, Dakota, and Dené, and the National Homeland of the Red River Métis.

We recognize and honour Treaty 3 Territory Shoal Lake 40 First Nation, the source of Winnipeg’s clean drinking water. In addition, we acknowledge Treaty Territories which provide us with access to electricity we use in both our personal and professional lives.

Learn more ›