Welcome to the Language Assessment page of the Testing and Assessment Centre. We facilitate two types of testing: testing for entry into program, and testing for placement into Language Training Centre (LTC) classes.
Do I need to take a language test for placement into LTC classes?
Are you an international student on a student visa?
- If YES, you are in the right place. Contact the Centre for International Education and Global Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them that you want more information on how to register for placement testing at the Language Training Centre.
- If NO, or you are not sure, you should also contact the Centre for International Education and Global Partnerships at email@example.com to ask about your options.
Do I need to take a language test for placement into my program of interest?
English Language Requirements (ELRs)
Have you successfully completed the equivalent of three years of full-time secondary (high school) education in Canada, the United States, or an ELR exempt country where English was the language of instruction? View a list of ELR exempt countries.
- If yes, you appear to meet English language requirements. Submit your transcripts for verification purposes.
- If no, you are required to submit proof of meeting an English language requirements option.
- If you completed all of your education in Canada, the United States, or an ELR exempt country in English but did not complete three years of high school, submit your transcripts for review.
Do you need to take a language test to meet ELRs?
If yes, please explore the language assessment options that are accepted by Red River College Polytechnic.
Note: At the moment we are unable to offer a test for English Language Requirements, but RRC does accept other language tests to meet ELRs.