Upcoming Submission Deadline!
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you to submit your 2015 claims to your Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) by March 31, 2016.
The HCSA can be used to cover a range of benefits not normally covered under other types of group benefits plans or by provincial medical plans.
What are covered expenses?
You are covered for 100% of eligible expenses that you incur while you and your dependents are covered, up to the total amount of dollars in your HCSA.
The Income Tax Act governs the types of expenses that can be reimbursed under the HCSA. This includes medical or dental services provided by a:
- Licensed medical practitioner;
- Dentist; or
- Public or licensed private hospital.
Please visit www.cra-arc.gc.ca and search on medical expenses for a complete list.
When does my HCSA refresh?
On January 1st, 2016 your HCSA refreshed based on the Flex Option you have chosen and part-time/full-time status where applicable. Please visit www.greatwestlife.com to review your claims history and obtain your HCSA statement including balance.
What happens if I have excess claims from 2015?
Under the HCSA, you can carry forward claims up to 12 months from the date of service. This means if you had more 2015 expenses than you had 2015 HCSA dollars, you can carry forward those claims for reimbursement against your 2016 HCSA balance.
Great-West Life online!
GroupNet for Plan Members gives you access to a world of secure, user-friendly services:
- Submit many of your claims online
- Sign up for Direct Deposit – claims paid directly into your bank account
- View your claim status and Explanation of Benefits for the past 24 months
- Access our Health & Wellness site for topics that are important to you
Visit www.greatwestlife.com to register and login for the first time if you have not already done so.
GroupNet Mobile app
- Submit claims online
- Access information about your benefits, coverage balances, claims and more
- View card information
- Locate the nearest provider for Provider eClaims, through built-in GPS mapping tool
- Search for medications by drug name or Drug Identification Number (DIN)
- See if a drug is covered and what percentage
- Access a library of drug information
Great-West Life’s Provider eClaims offers on-the-spot claims submission at approved providers, including chiropractors, physiotherapists and acupuncturists.
Your provider will need to know your group benefits policy/plan number and your member ID number to submit claims using Provider eClaims.
Get instant access to your benefit details with GroupNet Text! Sign up on GroupNet for Plan Members under the Your Profile tab.
To utilize this feature, you text a keyword to 204-289-1667 and you’ll receive information on your benefit coverage inquiry. For a complete list of key words, text Help. For a description of the type of information a key word provides, text Help and the keyword.
DrugHub lets you use your iPhone to:
- Search thousands of medications – ingredients, interactions and side effects
- Set reminders for you and your family to take medications on schedule
- Know when you’re running low, when to order refills and more!
The LifeWorks website contains useful tools and articles to help you achieve your goals. Check out the new podcast Achieving Your Goals and other resources and seminars at www.lifeworks.com.
Remember your EFAP User ID and Password:
User ID: rrcefap Password: efap