Through the Healthy Minds Healthy College Initiative, Red River College is working to be a supportive and healthy place to learn and work. Good mental health helps us live the life we want and contribute to a community, while reaching academic and career goals.
Sometimes it’s a struggle for students and staff to maintain good mental health, and when that happens there are supports and resources to assist you.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, with increased stress and a move to more remote learning, we’ve increased the supports and resources available to both students and staff.
Maintain Your Wellness
- Join us for a virtual yoga class every Friday at noon
- Access live and on-demand mindfulness classes as well as a 30 Day Mindfulness Challenge
Consider How You Are Coping
Visit the Wellness Blog to read about:
- Overcoming loneliness during the pandemic
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Coping with various forms of loss
We’ve also curated some resources to help you stay well in spirit, mind and body.
Seek Professional Help
- Visit the Government of Canada’s Wellness Together portal to complete an assessment and review a range of services being made available by the federal government.
- Learn about a wide range of mental health services available to RRC students through Counselling Services.
- Staff can explore their RRC employee benefits, which include access to mental health services.
Engage in Community Events
We continue to host virtual events to open important conversations about mental health. Save the dates for our 2020-2021 events. More to come!
|September 24, 2020||Volunteer Information Session – Interested in mental health and looking to get involved while logging volunteer hours? Attend the online information session to learn more about fun and supported opportunities.|
|October 21, 2020||Movies for Mental Health – Short film screenings and facilitated discussion to create open dialogue about mental health, mental illness and supports on- and off campus. Delivered virtually!|
|November 19, 2020||Virtual Paint Night – Take a break from the grind and explore your creative side. Register here.|
|January 28, 2021||Let’s Talk Day – RRC participates in the national anti-stigma campaign by starting supportive conversations and building awareness of resources.|
|February 10-14, 2021||Anxiety Forums – During this week we host forums featuring local Clinical Psychologists who present strategies for managing anxiety related to college.|