Through the Healthy Minds Healthy College Initiative, Red River College is working to be a supportive and healthy place to learn and work. Good mental health helps us live the life we want and contribute to a community, while reaching academic and career goals.
Sometimes it’s a struggle for students and staff to maintain good mental health, and when that happens there are supports and resources to assist you.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, with increased stress and a move to more remote learning, we’ve increased the supports and resources available to both students and staff.
Maintain Your Wellness
- Join us for a virtual yoga class every Friday at noon
- Access live and on-demand mindfulness classes as well as a 30 Day Mindfulness Challenge
Consider How You Are Coping
Visit the Wellness Blog to read about:
- Overcoming loneliness during the pandemic
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Coping with various forms of loss
We’ve also curated some resources to help you stay well in spirit, mind and body.
Seek Professional Help
- Visit the Government of Canada’s Wellness Together portal to complete an assessment and review a range of services being made available by the federal government.
- Learn about a wide range of mental health services available to RRC students through Counselling Services.
- Staff can explore their RRC employee benefits, which include access to mental health services.
Roadmap for Action 2021-25
The goal of the Healthy Minds Healthy College Strategy is to cultivate an environment of support that provides a sense of well-being, belonging, connectedness and positive mental health for all students, faculty and staff to support academic and career success. Since the initiative launched in 2014, substantial work has been done.