The TLTC frequently assesses new software. We post parts of our internal reviews on our blog, but we do not necessarily endorse the technologies presented here. Please use this post for information only. The TLTC only supports technologies listed in our technology toolbox.
I’d like to present another free and also portable image editing software that I tested and found very easy and friendly to use. PixBuilder can match to any level of needs, whether you need to do small changes to your images or for someone who wants software that can make more serious and advanced corrections.
Another thing that I really like is that PixBuilder requires low memory so you can load it on a USB drive and run it from any desktop.
PixBuilder works with high resolution images and support layers, an important feature for anyone who’s halfway serious about editing images. PixBuilder’s uncomplicated interface is familiar and intuitive, with menus across the top, a toolbar down the left side, and a set of panels down the right.
- Image resizing, rotating, and crop function.
- Brightness/Contrast, Color balance, Levels, Hue/Saturation, and Color fill.
- Auto Contrast and Auto Levels.
- Built-in high quality effects: blur effects, sharpen effects, dithering, and more.
- Flexible selection management functions, such as transparency masks, magic wand, different lasso tools, single column selection, color range function, and the gradient color transition effect that gives you the ability to draw complex raster shapes and apply effects for complex areas.
- Layers concept makes your work more effective and efficient.
- Text layers with drop shadow.
- A full set of brush-based tools, such as the stamp tool, healing brush, replace color tool, and others.
- Built-in shapes drawing tools (rectangles, circles, and lines).
- Free transform and Selection transform.
- Save with preview.
- Support of image scanners.
Import: BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, TGA, PSD, ICO
Export: BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF, TIFF, PCX, TGA, ICO
PixBuilder comes with a well-written Help file that will explain and teach you about each feature that the program can do. Also, there’s a Forum on PixBuilder’s website that covers all Frequently Asked Questions and guides you How To.
You can download PixBuilder here: http://www.wnsoft.com/pixbuilder/