Where do you work and what’s your current position?
I am the Brand Home Manager for Church Road Winery. Although we are owned by Pernod Ricard Winemakers, we are the second-largest alcohol and wine producer in the world. Other brands within our portfolio that you may be familiar with are Absolut Vodka, Chivas Regal, Beefeater Gin, Brancott Estate and Mumm. Within Pernod Ricard there are 52 Brand homes worldwide.
Church Road is one of the oldest and most awarded wineries in New Zealand and has wines that range from $20-250 per bottle.
What are three career steps you’ve taken since graduating from Red River College?
- In-Room Dining Attendant – Fairmont Winnipeg – Making moments into memories, life is about experiences. Some of the smallest gestures can change a person’s day. Every day gives the opportunity to make these memories and the smallest details matter.
- Front Office Manager – The Farm at Cape Kidnappers – Understanding expectations; everyone is different. How do you manage them? At this level, multiple small errors can become a big issue with one’s realm of expectations. The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is a Relaix Chateau Luxury Lodge.
- Brand Home Manager – Church Road Winery – #everydetailsmatters, Premium Brand, Premium Products, Premium Experiences. I feel I have an interesting role as it is to balance our consumers’ expectations while giving the best experience possible by conveying my passion for experiences!
What are some highlights of your professional life after graduation?
- Working with someone who could arguable be New Zealand’s best Wine Maker to make experience’s at Church Road.
- Meeting some famous Chefs /Golfers – Rick Stein, Heston Blumenthal, Thomas Keller, Steve Williams (Tiger’s Caddie).
- Meeting travelers from basically my home town on the opposite side of the world. The world is smaller than you think.
How did your time at Red River College help you achieve your goals?
Red River College gave me a great framework to work from and a basic understanding of tourism. The experience that I gained from RRC kindled my passion for experiences, especially food and wine. I love food and wine and will further follow cuisine throughout the world. Life is about experiences especially the ones you can share. Pernod Ricard has 19,000 employees and the opportunities are endless.