Rethink Your Drink
These are the words you might see on your next stop at one of Red River College’s re-usable bottle fill stations!
This is the 5th year the College has supported Bottled Water-Free Day. We do this to support RRC’s goal to enhance the culture of sustainability; to encourage staff and students to act sustainably and fill their reusable water bottles, and inform on the issues surrounding bottled water.
Did you Know:
- On average a 500 ml. bottle of water costs two dollars – coming from the tap, it is less than one cent!
- It takes 3 litres of water to produce one litre of bottled water.
- Bottled water travels an average 2,000 km to get to you.
- Water from Shoal Lake (Winnipeg’s water source) travels 276 km.
Take our water taste test challenge!
Last year over 58% of people who took our taste test could tell the difference between tap and bottled water, while 42% could not. When asked if they carried a reusable water bottle 50% said yes.
Tell us if you ” You Can Taste the Difference” between tap water and bottled water!
- March 18: Roblin Centre (Atrium)
- March 19: Notre Dame Campus (Bookstore)
- 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
- The RRC Bookstore will also have reusable water bottles for sale!
For more information on this event, please contact the Sustainability Office.