Online Education Policies
- Course availability is subject to sufficient enrollment.
- Some courses may have limited enrollments: registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Internet access and a valid email address are required for online courses.
- All fees are subject to change.
- Unless noted otherwise, students are required to purchase textbooks and course materials from the Campus Store.
- Registration form must be accompanied by a cheque or money order made payable to Red River College Polytechnic, or all required credit card information must be provided.
- Payments will be processed at the time of registration.
- Postdated cheques will not be accepted.
- Videotapes, collections of readings, etc. are loaned to students and must be returned before transcripts are mailed.
- Courses vary as to items and services provided.
- A partial refund may be granted to students wishing to drop their course
- Students wishing to drop a course must submit their request within 10 days from the original start date of the course.
- Course package must be returned within two business days of the request to be eligible for a partial refund.
- The refundable amount shall be the course fee less the following:
- $50 administration fee,
- The cost of assignments marked,
- The cost of telephone and instructional charges incurred for teleconference and tutorial calls, as well as email and discussion board communication.
If you require more time to finish the course and cannot complete by the designated end date (identified on your registration statement), you may extend your studies with payment of the applicable fee. The following rules govern extension status:
- Extensions are only available for “self-directed” courses. Term courses are not eligible for an extension.
- Fee is $77 per eight week extension
- A completed extension request form must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the original course end date.
- Only one extension per course is allowed.
- Workshops are not eligible for an extension.
- Students wishing to withdraw (VW) from their course must submit their request a minimum of three weeks prior to the original end date of their course and before writing the final exam. Students may not withdraw from a course after receiving an extension.
Graduation requirements are specific to each program of study.
When you have completed all the required courses in a program, you are required to apply for your certificate. Certificate requests take two to three weeks to process and are then sent by mail.