Communication for Business and Entrepreneurship
Develop the skills, strategies and language needed to succeed in the business industry and in post-secondary institutions. Learn how to network, interact in meetings, conduct informational interviews and develop negotiation, sales and persuasion skills.
You’ll receive a cultural orientation to businesses in Canada and hear from guest speakers who will help you meet others in the business industry.
When you finish the program, you’ll be able to find employment in the business field, open a business or succeed in an academic business program.
Monday to Friday
20 students per class
- Build on your previous training, experience or interest in business
- Find employment or continue your studies in the field of business
- Increase your socio-cultural communication skills to succeed in the workplace
- Use of state-of-the-art technology and access to online independent learning
- Full support from your instructors
- Regular feedback about your progress
- Information about post-secondary studies or businesses in Manitoba
“The teacher’s guide and referral helped me a lot as I could get job. Referring me to [RRC’s Employment Services department] whether for resume or interview was a right decision! Also inviting some speakers helped me to find the information I needed for the exams.”– Samaneh, Former Language Training Centre Student
Students need a computer/laptop with a webcam, internet access, plus a good-quality headset and microphone.
Students need a minimum English level of CLB 7.
Block A: May 10, 2021 – June 25, 2021
Block B: June 28, 2021 – August 6, 2021
August 30, 2021 – December 12, 2021
January 4, 2022 – April 22, 2022