May 4 to May 10 is Mental Health Week
We are all feeling the effects of the recent changes and challenges to our world. This week, we pause to reflect on the importance of mental health in our overall wellbeing.
Many people are experiencing challenges with issues such as:
- fears about the pandemic
- uncertainty about the future
- physical isolation
- stress from care for family and community members
- information overload
- stress management
There are many free resources and people ready to talk and to help you to take good care of your mental health. Here are a few that are available to you.
Language Training Centre: student support team
- Personal Support Counsellor – Larissa: lklymkiw@RRC.CA
- Student Integration Coordinators – Jillian (firstname.lastname@example.org), Lauren (email@example.com) and William (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WRHA: Virtual Support Group (Sessions will be held virtually)
- Mondays & Thursday @ Noon! ACCESS WINNIPEG WEST
- To register, email: email@example.com
Government of Manitoba: Mental Health Virtual Therapy Program
- AbilitiCBT is a digital therapy program available to all residents of Manitoba age 16 or older experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety due to the pandemic
- You will be able to connect to a professional therapist trained to help you
- To register, go to https://manitoba.abiliticbt.com/home
RRC Healthy Mind Healthy College
Reaching out for support as we go through this together improves mental health.