The Winnipeg Fringe is a theatre festival that takes place from July 17-28. During the festival, Winnipeggers attend theatre productions, watch live musical performances in Old Market Square and enjoy other activities such as shopping at the outdoor market.
The festival relies on the help of more than 800 volunteers to make the festival a success! Volunteers assist guests and performers, making sure everyone has an enjoyable Fringe experience. Teams of volunteers sell tickets and usher for performances at 30 venues located in the Exchange District and downtown Winnipeg; help the youngest Fringers with games and activities at Kids Fringe; assist patrons and answer questions at the Info Tent in Old Market Square plus several other opportunities.
Reasons to Volunteer:
- Meet new people
- Develop and share your skills
- Contribute to the community and help revitalize downtown
- Share your interest in the arts
- Get the inside scoop about great Fringe shows
- A fun, relaxed, supportive environment
- A Fringe team member t-shirt
- Complimentary tickets to shows
- Kick-off pizza party and volunteer appreciation events
- Refreshments & snacks
- Prize draws
- Work experience
Click here for more information or to register as a volunteer.