A celebration of all things winter.
Join Winnipeggers for a day outside to experience and celebrate all that winter has to offer. FortWhyte Alive is yours to explore — whether you hike, snowshoe, ski, slide or skate is up to you!
Learn to cross-country ski with certified ski instructors, or try snowshoeing or hiking through the woods. The toboggan slide will be open for the thrill seekers, and the skating rink polished for those who prefer classic winter fun. Try your hand at ice fishing, and win a prize or two — There will be a drop-in Mini Ice Fishing Tournament for ages 14 and under. Win great prizes for your catch, or just for trying.
This family-friendly event is sure to entertain all interests and abilities.
Bring your own skates. All other equipment provided, while supplies last.
- Sunday, January 20 11 am-4 pm
No Registration Required
- FREE, with waived admission!
- Cross Country Skiing – limited skis and sizes available
- Guided Snowshoe Hikes – snowshoes provided
- Guided Snowshoe Hikes en français – snowshoes provided
- Tobogganing – bring your own, or borrow ours!
- Ice Skating – bring your own ice skates
- Voyageur Games – see how high you can get tossed in a blanket
- Bannock Roasting – enjoy this Fortwhyte favorite while warming up around the fire
- Ice Fishing – instruction available by Manitoba Wildlife Federation. Enter in the Walleye Mafia Childrens Mini-Tournament to win great prizes!
- Scavenger Hunts – warm up exploring our exhibits, or opt for outdoor adventures
FortWhyte Alive is located at:
1961 McCreary Road
For more information, click here.