Become a Student

General Inquiries

For information about any of our programs or services please contact us.


Experience Red River College in the best way possible: take a guided tour! We offer prospective students free 60-minute tours of the Notre Dame Campus and Exchange District Campus (includes the Roblin Centre and Paterson GlobalFoods Institute) and our student residence.

On the tour, you’ll learn about the campus, our programs, student support services, the application process and you’ll get a great sense of what student life is like at RRC.

Sign up for a tour →

Sample Session

Thinking of coming to Red River College and wondering what an average day in a program might be like or if the program is the “right fit for you”? Why not sample the program for a day or part of a day. We will try to arrange a date where all your questions will be answered and you can experience “a day in the life of a student”

Student Advising

Contact us to help you with any questions you might have about programs, registration, the application process or interpretation of academic policies. Are you interested in taking a program but don’t know where to start? We would be happy to explain your options.

Funding Options

  • First Nations sponsorship – First Nations/Status students are advised to apply for financial assistance by contacting their Education Authority Office, Band Office or Tribal Council.
  • First Nations Non-Status students can apply to their Education Authority, Band Office, Tribal Council or the Manitoba Metis Federation. Learn more about the MMF opportunity →
  • Métis sponsorship – Métis students are advised to contact their regional office of the Manitoba Métis Federation or Métis local management board. See more information →
  • Inuit sponsorship – Inuit students are advised to apply to the Government of Nunavut, Department of Family Services Department, also known as FANS. If you need assistance, contact the FANS office at or call 1.877.860.0680 and ask to speak to a FANS officer or view information here or if you are residing in Manitoba you can also contact the Manitoba Metis Federation for funding.

Other Options

  • Those students not eligible for funding may consider applying for financial assistance through Manitoba Student Aid by contacting the local office at 1.800.204.1685, or visit the Manitoba Student Aid website. The website offers an online application process.
  • If residing in the province of Manitoba, students can also contact the MB Education Officer at Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada, phone 204.983.2330.

Other Options for Funding Support

Housing and Childcare

  • Manitoba Housing – applying for subsidy and other provincially supported housing programs.
  • Manitoba Childcare – a listing of provincially licensed child care facilities in Winnipeg and information on applying for childcare subsidy.

RRC Residence – Applications are now available for single and double furnished dorm rooms in RRC’s residence located inside the Paterson GlobalFoods Institute at the Exchange District Campus. For more information and instructions on how to apply, visit Campus Living.

New to Winnipeg