Let us help you turn your educational and career aspirations into reality.
Indigenous Liaison Advisor (Weeshengaawin)
The Indigenous Liaison Advisor is a point of first contact for students of First Nation, Métis and Inuit ancestry. We can help you with your questions and find your way around so you can start your education with confidence. We provide support and guidance via virtual advising meetings or over the phone for the following areas:
- application process and admission requirement,
- registration, including document submissions, and;
- connection to other Indigenous Student Support team members.
Indigenous Liaison Advisors also build relationships by working cooperatively with Indigenous communities and band councils, consulting with faculty, liaising with Indigenous organizations, and connecting with employers. These relationships are developed to assist students in their career connections, funding sponsorship, urban adjustment, and familiarity with Red River College.
Indigenous Liaison Advisor
|Mary Jayne Armstrong
Recruitment Enrolment Coach
Enrolling During COVID-19
Along with Red River College, the Indigenous Liaison Advisor and Recruitment & Enrolment Coach team is thinking of you. We are committed to working with you during COVID-19 closures and are available to support and assist current and aspiring Indigenous students who are interested in full-time, part-time and online programs here at RRC. In addition to helping you navigate through these challenging times, we are here to help you select the right program that will meet both your career and academic goals.
Together, we work to create an education plan that will help you move forward in the right direction.
The following Indigenous Education programs are still accepting applications for fall 2020:
- College Transition
- Indigenous Language – Cree
- Indigenous Language – Ojibwe
- Social Innovation and Community Development
- Pathway to Business, Creative Communications and Digital Technology Programs
- Pathway to Engineering Technology Programs
Important Notes of Consideration:
To make things easier and safe for our students, we have updated and made some changes to our admission policies and admission requirements;
- 30 Day Extension for Submission Deadline of Program Admission Requirements – RRC is providing a 30 day extension in addition to the 30 days normally given to submit program admission requirements such as transcripts and supplemental forms from the date of application. Therefore, the submission deadline for these types of admission requirements is 60 days.
- Some Program Admission Requirements are waived for this fall 2020 – Due to current closures as well as health and safety protocols, some RRC programs will be waiving certain admission and/or progression requirements for this fall. Let us help you to determine if these changes apply to you and your program.
- Academic Admission Assessments – Due to current closures as well as health and safety protocols, all in-person academic and admission assessments have been cancelled until further notice. Please note: at this time, this will not affect the status of your application; however, we encourage you to visit rrc.ca/assessment on a regular basis for updates or changes regarding on-line options and future in-person assessment delivery options.
- School of Indigenous Education (SIE) Programs – Computer/Laptop Requirements for fall of 2020 – As part of the future planning measures being taken at RRC due to COVID-19, all SIE programs are asking applicants to be prepared for online learning with required software and internet access. Please follow this link for SIE program computer/laptop requirements: Computer Requirements for Students.
Please note: The upcoming fall term will be largely directed by public health protocols, their impact on campus operations and the safety of our faculty, staff and students. The College needs to move forward based on the information we have right now – and that means assuming we will still be providing alternative delivery of programs and service this fall. Please contact us if you have any questions about this or visit our website: www.rrc.ca
Remember, we are here to help and we look forward to connecting with you soon.