Response Level: Restricted
Community transmission of COVID-19 is occurring, but there is low risk at Red River College campuses.
Follow these steps before arriving at, and upon entering, any Red River College campus
Physical distancing is required at all times when on any Red River College campus.
Campus Access Checklist
- Complete the mandatory COVID-19 safety orientation
- Review the changes to parking on campus
- Plan your meals, as Food Services are not available on campus
All students, employees and visitors must follow these steps before arriving at, and upon entering, any Red River College campus:
- Every time you come to campus, but before you arrive on campus, you must complete the self-screening tool through Shared Health.
- If the screening tool does not direct you to be tested for COVID-19, you can come to campus.
- If the screening tool does direct you to be tested for COVID-19, do not come to campus. Please notify your instructor or supervisor, and contact the RRC Health Centre at 204-632-2238. A nurse from the Health Centre will advise you on when you can return to campus.
- Enter campus through a designated entrance.
- Upon entering campus, wash your hands in the nearest washroom using soap and water, or at a hand sanitizing station.
- Wear a medical grade face mask at all times in all indoor spaces and facilities, and outdoors on Campus grounds when individuals are gathering. (Review our Mask FAQ for more info.)
- Adhere to physical distancing guidelines at all times.
- Navigate your way around campus by following directional signage, floor markers, and more.
- Staff will be on site to help students and employees where needed.
- If you are a student, you must wash your hands and leave campus immediately through a designated exit once your on-site training is complete.
Wearing a Mask is Required
Red River College students, employees and visitors, including vendors and contractors, are required to wear medical grade face masks at all times while on any RRC campus.
The protocol, part of RRC’s COVID-19 Policy, requires that masks be worn in all indoor spaces and facilities, including classrooms, labs, workrooms, areas where staff work within 2 metres of each other, washrooms, hallways, elevators, and public spaces. This includes meeting rooms and workspaces where individuals may be gathering or meeting – even if social distancing is attainable.
The policy has been expanded to require the use of masks for those who work in cubicles and open office spaces while sitting at their workspace. Individuals working alone in a private space with the door closed are permitted to remove their mask.
Additionally, if individuals are gathering outdoors on-campus for a meeting, break, or conversation, the wearing of masks outdoors will now be required.
Masks can be removed while eating, but individuals should take measures to ensure physical distancing during meal and snack breaks.
Students and employees can wear a personal cloth mask that covers the nose, mouth and chin as long as it meets the following guidelines. However, RRC will provide one disposable mask each day to any student or employee who needs one.
The requirement to wear a mask, even if you have no symptoms of COVID-19, adds an additional layer of precaution to our on-campus health and safety measures (see below), and helps protect those around you from the spread of infection.
Additional information regarding mask usage on campus can be found in our online FAQ.
Physical Distancing Measures
Physical distancing is required at all times on campus. Safety and Health Services has completed physical distancing assessments of all offices, classrooms and common spaces throughout campus. The following describes how we plan to maintain proper physical distancing.
- Only one employee will be permitted to use an office that previously seated two people.
- Supervisors will contact Safety and Health Services to determine a solution where six feet (two metres) of distance cannot be maintained.
- Virtual meetings will be encouraged even when employees are on site.
- Virtual meetings will be encouraged when conducting business with external parties.
- Where six feet (two metres) between desks/working stations is not possible, meeting rooms may be re-purposed for physical distanced seating. Individuals on Campus will be required to wear a mask while in meeting or work spaces with other members of the College community at all times – even if social distancing is attainable.
As you walk throughout campus, you will notice the following physical distancing measures in place to keep you safe:
Posters with messaging such as “Please wait here” will be posted around campus near washrooms, elevators, microwaves, etc.
Floor markers are placed six feet apart to comply with public health requirements. Please watch for these markers as you approach service desks, bathrooms, elevators, classrooms, etc.
In some spaces, you will encounter barriers similar to those you may have seen in grocery stores or banks. Please follow any directions provided by staff when you approach a service window.
Caution tape has been used to mark off common areas and classrooms with restricted access or seating throughout the College. These areas have been deep cleaned and cannot be used at this time.